Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Newt Checks In

I was heading for my plane at the Dallas airport.
Going through security
Being a good little citizen and putting all my junk in the bucket
When I reach for my pedometer
let's here a good ol' Minnesota "Awwww Crap!"

Yes, that's right, the pedometer is somewhere between the hotel and the car rental bus.

So after a little more swearing I accepted my fate and headed home.

But no sooner did I get back into town that I headed to Target for a new pedometer.

It's crap. But it will get me through till the new one arrives in the mail.

Anywhoodle:

Steps: 67,480
Miles: 25.42

I do have to say that I have gotten so used to having it attached to me that I felt pretty naked those few hours. And the pedometer - my poor lost lovely pedometer, it had a clock. So I always knew what time it was.

It's amazing what can become a wonderful and fun habit.

I had high hopes of doing a lot of walking in Dallas. However, it was 100 degrees, humid, and there is no shade. So, I had a choice, get hot, sweaty, red faced, and HOT, or ride in the air conditioned car. I chose the car. Walking home was ok. I could go take a quick cold shower before dinner. But I do have to confess, comfort won out in the morning. I just didn't want to feel gross all day long.

1 comment:

Abbee Normalle said...

What brand of pedometer was it that you lost? I had one once and I wasn't completely happy with it and I of course lost it too.